FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Friday, September 11, 2020
CONTACT: Liz Doherty
Forest Flashbacks: Forest Tries (And Fails) to Be “Trump of NC” To Boost Campaign, Suggests Again VP Biden “Is Not Gonna Make It”
RALEIGH — Forest Flashbacks aims to provide a snapshot of Dan Forest’s week in review. Here are the toplines from this week:
Forest Tries And Fails To Be The “Trump of NC” to Boost Campaign
- The Daily Beast painted a scathing but accurate picture of Forest’s candidacy for NC governor. Forest has proven himself a divisive candidate committed to spreading dangerous misinformation about the pandemic.
- Forest has also taken an extreme stance on reopening and suggested on multiple occasions, largely at in-person and maskless campaign events, that Vice President Biden “is not gonna make it.”
Forest Says (Again) VP Biden “Is Not Gonna Make It” For Much Longer
- Forest suggested that VP Biden “is not gonna make it” for much longer. This is at least the second time that Forest has suggested death is imminent for Biden.
- The Washington Post previously reported “few have gone as far as Dan Forest” when it comes to attacking Biden’s age, who is just 3 years older than President Trump.
75% of North Carolinians Support Medicaid Expansion, Forest Remains Opposed
- A new Care4Carolina poll found that 75% of North Carolinians support Medicaid expansion, including 64% of Republicans, 76% unaffiliated voters, and 83% of Democrats.
- Republican legislative leaders and Dan Forest have opposed Medicaid expansion at every turn, leaving North Carolina as one of only twelve states that hasn’t expanded Medicaid.
CBS News: Forest has Held Dangerous In-Person Campaign Events
- In a profile of the North Carolina governor race, CBS News contrasts Gov. Cooper and Forest’s handling of the pandemic.
- While Governor Cooper has “looked to medical expertise as the crux for [his] coronavirus response,” the story notes, Lt. Governor Forest has disregarded the science and data and urged for “schools to fully open.”