FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Friday, October 9, 2020
CONTACT: Liz Doherty
Forest Flashbacks: Forest Uses False Images in Ad to Misrepresent Asheville,Says (Again) He Wants to Reopen All NC Schools with No Safety Measures
RALEIGH — Forest Flashbacks aims to provide a snapshot of Dan Forest’s week in review. Here are the toplines from this week:
Elected Officials Call on Forest to Remove False Ad That Uses False Out of State Images to Misrepresent Asheville
- WLOS reported that Forest is running an ad that features stock images from outside of North Carolina in an attempt to paint a violent and dishonest picture of Asheville.
- Rep. John Ager, Sen. Terry Van Duyn, and Rep. Brian Turner have called on Dan Forest to pull down the false campaign advertisement.
- Asheville Mayor Esther Manheimer denounced the ad immediately, explaining, “While [Dan Forest] purports to be concerned about the tourism economy in Asheville, he’s using an ad that will be used statewide that falsely shows images of Asheville which hurts our economy, which hurts the local businesses in Asheville that depend on tourism by spreading deceptive images and lies.”
Forest Tries to Get State Board of Education to Reopen All NC Schools With No Safety Measures
- Dan Forest tried to persuade the State Board of Education to reopen all K-12 schools with no safety measures. His motion was ruled out of order since it was outside the scope of the planned vote.
- Liz Doherty, Cooper for NC spokesperson, criticized Forest’s reckless demand, “When you consistently don’t show up for meetings, it’s hard to know how things work. Dan Forest believes schools should re-open with no plan to keep our children safe and healthy and that is dangerous.”
25 Days From E-Day, 25 Reasons Why Dan Forest is Unfit to be Governor
- Today marks 25 days out from the election. Cooper for NC brings you 25 reasons why Dan Forest is unfit to be Governor.
- Liz Doherty, Cooper for NC spokesperson, said, “Honestly? It was hard to pick just 25 reasons why Dan Forest is too dangerous for North Carolina. This list isn’t exhaustive.”
Charlotte Observer, News & Observer, Durham Herald-Sun Editorial Board Endorses Gov. Cooper for 4 More Years; Highlights Forest’s Extreme Positions During Pandemic
- The Charlotte Observer, News & Observer, Durham Herald-Sun Editorial Board endorsed Gov. Roy Cooper’s re-election The Board praises Gov. Cooper’s strong and steady leadership, blockage of divisive and destructive right-wing legislation, push for Medicaid expansion and support for meaningful pay raises for teachers.
- The Board paints a picture of what a Forest governorship might look like by highlighting extreme positions he has taken during the pandemic. Forest “opposes Cooper’s face mask mandate, wants all schools to open for in-person teaching and the state to return to business as usual despite the pandemic. His extreme positions reflect the reckless, polarizing and uncaring spirit that has characterized much of the legislative agenda since 2011.”